Wednesday 15 August 2007

Gift Voucher

My brother’s birthday is coming up…what I can get him for his birthday. I thought I would like to get him something different this time just to show that I still have a bit of creativity! I don’t want to get him T-shirts or toiletry stuff like I used to buy for him anymore. Those things could just end up sitting at a corner of a shelf somewhere!

After two days of brain storming – got an idea, Ding!! Why not get him a gift voucher for a romantic dinner for two at a beautiful and expensive restaurant in town! Delighted for myself to be able to come up with this idea so turn on the computer and went straight to Google TW.

Search…餐廳禮券 got no luck….Search…飯店禮券 got no luck either….Search…..高雄市那裡吃最好, thought might get some clues……nope! Not a hope! Keep searching…..and willing to comprise for something less so perhaps a gift voucher for some nice shop will do….Search for….購物禮券….nope! Ok, maybe just 禮券 will do I thought….NO! Ok, try if there’s any company sell ideas online…..so I searched…生日禮物點子, no found nothing…. Almost give up and thinking maybe just sends him a card and be damn with. Last try, search for 線上購物…. found a lot of crap website selling IT, PC or crap gift stuff….nothing decent for a man or anywhere close to what I am looking for.

At last, I tried 網購 and finally found one company does leisure and restaurant sort of stuff on the 5th page! Problem solved….I got him a gift voucher for a dinner for two at a 5 star hotel and 2 movie tickets. What a treat I thought!! What I really want to say is why the clever Taiwanese who owns restaurants and hotels don’t have this sort of services on their websites? It’s not difficult; it’s possible but why not? Started to wonder is it the dishonesty that causing the high cost to print the anti-thief voucher?

No comments: